256.539.1941 | email@example.com
1110 N. Meridian Street, Huntsville, AL 35801
A Historic Place
Lincoln Academy resides in a historic building in Huntsville, AL. In 1918 William Lincoln Barrell of Lowell, MA. purchased Abingdon Mill and transformed it into a large textile center of all concrete construction named Lincoln Mill Village. Phillip Peeler served as its superintendent from 1934 – 1953. Beside the Mill, Lincoln School was built in 1929 this school became the central core of community life until 1956 when Lincoln Village was annexed to the city of Huntsville. Edward W. Anderson served as its principal for 27 years. Many graduates became local and state leaders. The mill stopped operation in 1957 and burned in 1980.
ALABAMA HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION — 1985